Read Me First
You do NOT want to submit the wrong site address or an address you won't be permanently using.
Therefore, before you submit your website to the search engines, make sure you've settled on your site address. This will either be your IconoSites site address which you chose during the signup process (i.e. yoursite.iconosites.com), or a custom domain (i.e. www.yourdomain.com).
Keep in mind, after you submit your website it may take UP TO SIX WEEKS BEFORE YOUR SITE APPEARS IN THE SEARCH RESULTS. Google, Bing, and other search engines do NOT include every website on the internet in their search results. They only list websites that they feel provide value to their searches. They are private companies, and the decision is theirs. If you are wondering why your site is not being listed, you will need to contact them directly.
How to Use a Custom Site Address (i.e. custom domain)
In order to use a custom site address (i.e. www.youdomain.com) with your IconoSite, you must be on one of our paid plans that start as low as $6/month.
Setting up a custom site address is a 1-2 minute process with IconoSites. See our instructions on How to Customize My Site Address.
How to Add Your Website to the Search Engines
After you've decided on a site address, only then should you add your website to the search engines. Soon after, your website will start appearing in the search results on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and others.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to add your website to search engines like Google and Bing.(Note: when you submit to Bing, you are automatically submitted to Yahoo!. Bing supplies Yahoo!’s search results.). Once you complete these steps, the search engines will send their spiders to “crawl” your website, so that your site can be found on search engine queries.
1. To start, visit: http://www.google.com/addurl
2. Then click Add your URL text. Please see screenshot below.
3. Next is to provide the Iconosite website URL, Captcha letters, then click Submit Request. Please see example screenshot below:
4. Once you’ve click Submit Request, you’ll see a response as depicted in the image below.
How to Submit Your Website to Yahoo! & Bing Search Engine
1. Go to this link https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/SubmitSitePage.aspx
2. Type your Iconosite website URL in the textbox and copy the Captcha letters. Please see example screenshot below.
3. Lastly, click Submit URL button. You should see the image below after submitting. That’s it you’re done.