This tutorial shows you how to embed PDF files on your website. (Note: You can convert your Microsoft Word document into a PDF for free here: http://www.freepdfconvert.com/)
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial, here it is (otherwise, continue with the written tutorial below):
The First Method: Create a Link that will open your PDF
1. Login to your IconoSites Control Panel. Then on a specific page, please click Edit. In this example, Article One under News page was selected. Please see screenshot below.
2. Next scroll down to Your Page Content. You may type text in your content that will be clickable to open up your PDF documents. Then highlight the text that you’ve just created. Please see screenshot below.
3. Next click the Hyperlink button in Your Page Content tools. Please see screenshot below.
4. Next click the Browse button. Please see screenshot.
5. Click Disk Icon button. Please screenshot.
6. Then click Choose File button. Please see screenshot.
7. Locate the PDF document that you would like to insert. Please see screenshot.
8. Click Ok button after selecting PDF document to be uploaded.
9. Once the document file is uploaded, select and double click the uploaded file.
10. Click the Insert button. You may provide additional settings like Target and Title. Please see example screenshot.
11. Lastly click SAVE button to finish. You may checkout and test your webpage with the hyperlink text that directs to your PDF document when you click.
The Second Method: Embed the actual PDF on the web page itself
1. Simply click the Embed Media button. See screenshot below.
2. Choose type Iframe under the drop down menu. See Screenshot below.
3. Click the Browse button. Please see screenshot below.
4. Next select and double click the PDF document. In this example the PDF document is already uploaded from our first method. You may upload new PDF document file if you need to do so. Please see screenshot below.
5. Click the Insert button. Please see screenshot.
6.Click SAVE button to finish and checkout your webpage with embedded PDF. You’re done.