In this tutorial, we will show to how to add chat to your website and we will do so using the Iconosites free website creator as our platform.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial, here it is (otherwise, continue with the written tutorial below):
1. Sign up free account at Olark. Click here to sign up for free Olark account.
2. Next copy the code, right click and select copy. Please see the screenshot below:
3. Next login to your Iconosites website creator account and click Edit to which page you’d like to put the Olark chat code. Or, you can go to the Header & Footer section and paste the code into the Site Wide Scripts area (in the BODY section) if you would like the chat tool to appear site-wide. In our example, we’re going to show you how to place the tool on your Home Page only.
4. Next scroll downward to your Page Content and click the HTML tool. Please see the screenshot below:
5. In the HTML Editor, simply paste the Olark chat code anywhere you like to put it then click Update. Please see the screenshot below:
6. Next is to save your work by clicking the SAVE button. You may also click Preview button to see how it looks onto your website before clicking the SAVE.
7. The next step is to provide the username and password. Just click the arrow button found at lower right of your webpage. Then click the hyperlink text.
8. Next is to setup Pidgin if you’re using windows system, download the program and install if you don’t have this IM software yet. Follow the entire process as indicated in the procedure. Please see sample screenshots below:
9. After your download is finish, install the software. Click Next buttons and click Install afterwards. Please see screenshots below:
10. Run Pidgin software after installation then follow the procedure on how to connect. Click here to configure.